As soon as you receive your Fitfood meals, put them in the fridge. Our meals are designed to be eaten fresh, and every package has a use-by date on the label. If life gets in the way and you don’t think you can eat your meals in time, it is fine to freeze most Fitfood meals. You can defrost them in the fridge overnight before heating. Some meals (such as salads) are not suitable for freezing, and they will say so on the label.
It is safe to reheat meals in the trays as all materials are BPA-free.
Some items are partially cooked so they will cook to perfection when reheated. Our meats are prepared so they will finish cooking as you heat them. This means they will not dry out or overcook.
For perfect wedges, roast potatoes and kumara fries, try taking them out of the container and crisping them up on an oven tray.
1. Open one corner of the film seal or punch small holes in the top (making sure to remove any sauce containers).
2. Heat on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Check the meal is heated the whole way through. If needed, heat for longer until it is piping hot.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Completely remove film seal from the meal and remove any sauce containers.
3. Place container on an oven tray and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
To stop oven-heated meals drying out, you can cover them with tinfoil.
If there is a sauce container in your meal, you can either: pour the sauce on the meal before heating; heat the sauce separately in the microwave for 10 seconds; or keep the sauce aside and serve it cold. Do not heat sauce containers in the oven.